Transport for Britain
Building for the Future
Britains railways have suffered from decades of underinvestment while passenger numbers have pushed the network to breaking point. Transport for Britain is working to facilitate major investment in our existing railway infrastructure to help increase capacity and service reliability.
Cycleways & Footpaths
Britains waterways are often a forgotten part of the UK's transport infrastructure yet they offer a low cost, environmentally friendly way to transport goods and materials around the country. Transport for Britain supports investment in restoring this rich cultural heritage and its use for commercial purposes in addition to leisure.
A fully integrated and sustainable network of roads, railways, bicycle/pedestrian pathways and canals which meet the current and future transport needs of the UK population.
To bring about a revolution in road building, railways, dedicated cycle ways and pedestrian pathways that traverse the length and breadth of the country, improving work journey times and the leisure travelling experience for all.
- Promote greater public consultation to ensure national and local transport infrastructure plans adequately meet the needs of local communities in a sustainable way.
- Reform of the funding regime of national and regional transport projects, building a collaborative approach with a range of stakeholders.
- Champion the use of new technology in order to deliver sustainability and improve the travellers’ experience.
- Promote Active Travel.
- Following the publication of the Integrated Rail Plan (IRP) transport for Britain will lobby government to clearly identify and commit to spending priorities for delivering financial sustainability, required capacity (now and in the future), reliability and value.
- Build greater capacity in our SRN by lobbying for, and, facilitating the building of Private and / or partnership funded Toll-Roads.
- Encourage development of the UK’s under-utilised network of international / regional Airports.
Send us a Message
If you would like to know more about Transport for Britain and our work or have any comments on our projects or news items please send us a message by completing the form below.
Submitting your details indicates your consent for us to store and process your personal data as explained in our privacy notice. Please read this important notice, which contains details on how to exercise your privacy rights, including opting out of direct marketing.